Late Saturday night Group A’s wonderful host Jane sent out word that a fill in was needed for today’s reveal. Last December when I had computer problems someone had to cover for me so I decided to return the favor.
Boy am I glad I did. The second blog I got to cook from was Sweetie Petitti. As the name says there are lots of sweets on her blog. She has some stunningly decorated cookies.
I decided to make Susie’s Monster Cookies but I’m not a huge fan of regular M&M candies so I decided to use the ones with pretzels inside. I also scaled the recipe back to 1/3rd of the original because I don’t have enough room to store around 90 cookies.
Monster Cookies with a Twist
A spin on traditional monster cookies.
- 1/3 cup softened butter
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 rounded teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon corn syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups quick cooking oatmeal
- 6 ounces (3/4 of the "medium" 9-ish ounce sized bag) pretzel M&M candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, unless you’re using a dark cookie sheet then lower the temperature to 325.
- In a bowl of stand mixer or in a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, blending well between additions,
- Add the vanilla, baking powder, corn syrup, and peanut butter, and blend well.
- Stir in the oatmeal and candies by hand.
- Place ice cream scoops of dough on to ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden around the edges.
- Cool on the sheet on a rack for 3 minutes then cool completely on wire racks.
These were a hit. Even a non oatmeal non peanut butter fan loved these cookies. I personally loved the salty bite the pretzels gave the not too sweet cookie. I will definitely make these time and time again.
For more recipes from the September Group A reveal click the cute little froggy below.
To find out how you can be a member visit The Secret Recipe Club. We’d love to have you.
For more cookie goodness check out these recipes:
- Peanut Butter Double Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- Double Chip Oatmeal Cookie Bars
- Lemon Iced Butter Cookies
Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from my readers so comments are welcome. I have over 100 recipes in the index if you want to check them out.