Pot roast is one of my favorite comfort foods and I like to try different ways of cooking them. I like to change up seasonings and the vegetables used. I have beef roast recipe that I posted during my 31 Days from last year which is very simple and delicious but this is more a traditional pot roast.
Slow Cooker Pot Roast with Vegetables
- 1 3 pound chuck roast
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- To taste salt
- To taste pepper
- 1 pound carrots, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 Tablespoons quick cooking tapioca
- 3/4 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 cups cooked Italian or cut green beans
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Season all sides of the roast with salt and pepper.
- Brown roast in oil. This will take 5-10 minutes per side.
- While roast is browning place the carrots in the slow cooker and sprinkle with the tapioca.
- Place the browned roast on top of the carrots.
- Sauté the onion and garlic in the same skillet as the roast.
- Pour the beef broth and vinegar in the skillet and scrape up any browned bits with a wooded spoon.
- Add the beef bouillon cubes and pour over the roast.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 8-10 hours or on high for 5-6.
- Remove roast from the slow cooker, cover and keep warm.
- Add the cooked green beans to the veggie mixture, cover and cook for another 15 minutes to let the flavors marry.
- Skim fat from the pan juices and serve over the roast.
You may also like:
Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from my readers so comments are welcome. I have over 100 more recipes in the index if you want to check them out.