This is one of my all time favorite soups especially since it is made in the slow cooker so I can go on about my day and have a delicious and filling supper that evening.
Slow Cooker Broccoli Soup
- 6 cups chopped broccoli, stems and florets
- 1 pound red potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 5 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup half and half or light cream.
- In a 4 quart slow cooker combine the broccoli, potatoes, onion, garlic, and cayenne pepper. Pour the broth over the vegetables and stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Add in the cheese about 1/4 cup at a time, stirring well between each addition, until melted then pour in half and half.
- Stir and serve.
You may also like:
For more in this series click below