This month for Secret Recipe Club I was given a blog I am very familiar with: The Daily Dish Recipes. I first met Nicole back in July of 2011 during a 31 Days to Build a Better Blog group and we became fast friends.
I had a hard time deciding what to make this month because Nicole has so many delicious recipes. I had originally planned to make a variation on her Éclair Cupcakes but I got sick so that has been postponed for a couple of weeks.
I ended up making her recipe for Easy Chicken and Noodles with a couple of changes because of family member who doesn’t like the combo of chicken and cheese. Instead of the Parmesan called for in the original recipe I was inspired by mine and Nicole’s mutual love of Ranch mix to add that to the gravy mixture for added flavor. I also added sautéed onions and garlic because almost all savory recipes I make contain onions and garlic.
Ranch Chicken and Noodles
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 8 ounces egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 10.75 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 Tablespoons ranch mix
- To taste salt
- To taste pepper
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Sauté the onion and garlic, until translucent.
- Add the can of soup, milk and dressing milk. Stir well to combine.
- Reduce heat and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the chicken and egg noodles and heat thoroughly.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.