Chicken stir fry is my recipe. I first started making stir fry when I was about 13 I think so I have been cooking it over half of my life. And in the 16 plus years I’ve been making it this was the first time I really paid attention to how much of what went in to it. It has always been my " little of this, a dash of that, oh that would be good too" dish.
Chicken Stir Fry
Chicken and vegetable stir-fry
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1 12 ounce package frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 2 large bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 large onion, cut into strips
- 2 cans water chestnuts drained
- cornstarch or flour
- salt, pepper, garlic powder and/or ginger to taste
- favorite stir fry sauce: soy, teriyaki or Mr. Yoshida’s
- hot cooked rice I like to make mine in the slow cooker.
Place a large skillet over medium heat, add enough oil to cover the bottom with a thin layer. Sprinkle a tablespoon or two of cornstarch or flour over the chicken and toss to coat.
When the oil is hot add the chicken in batches. Cook until well browned and cooked through. Probably 3 minutes per side. Drain on a paper towel lined plate.
Add the broccoli. Cook until it is as tender as you would like. Then add the peppers and onions cooking those to desired tenderness. Add the water chestnuts, broccoli and chicken. Heat through. Season to taste. Serve over rice with your favorite sauce.
Did you like what you read? Leave a comment, I love hearing from you or share the post with your friends.