So, when I made the Peanut Butter Brownie Muddy Buddies I totally unleashed a monster. I’ve been brainstorming some ideas that I’ll be sharing closer to Christmas. These are inspired by one of my favorite candy bars of all time- the Kit Kat. The chocolate coated cereal squares are coated in a mixture of powdered sugar and crushed Kit Kats with broken pieces of Kit Kat added in before serving if desired.
Kit Kat Muddy Buddies
- 3 cups rice or corn Chex
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 regular sized Kit Kat Bars
- Crush one Kit Kat until crumbs form. Combine with powdered sugar in a 1 gallon zip top bag.
- Place cereal in a medium.
- In a small bowl combine chocolate chips and shortening. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each time, until chocolate is melted.
- Pour chocolate over cereal and toss to combine. Add cereal to the zip top bag, close, and gently shake to combine.
- Spread on waxed paper to cool. Add the other Kit Kat broken into pieces if desired.
- Store in an airtight container.
Tagged: muddy buddies